Multiwfn forum

Multiwfn official website: http://sobereva.com/multiwfn. Multiwfn forum in Chinese: http://bbs.keinsci.com/wfn. E-mail of admin: sobereva[at]sina.com

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-15 17:43:24

icamps

<< Rotating 2D resulting image >>

Hello,

I'm making a topology study. One of the output is the electron density gradient (with lines, without atom labels, and with isovalues) of the same region of two molecules (the only difference is that one molecule has an extra atom in a region far from the first region).

My problem is that the graphics are oriented different and this difficult the discussion.

I would like to know how do I rotate one of them (inside Multiwfn) in order to facilitate the comparison.

The images are:

fig_1.jpg fig_2.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Camps

#2 2018-08-16 03:57:41

sobereva
Tian Lu (Multiwfn developer)
Website

Re: << Rotating 2D resulting image >>

Dear Camps,

Unfortunately, currently there is no option to rotate the map inside Multiwfn. There are several two possible ways to rotate the map:

1 Use external image editor
2 In the interface of setting up plotting plane, properly choose three points to define the plotting plane, please refer to the diagram in the Section 3.5.2 of the manual. As you can see, the three points fully determine the orientation of the resulting map.

Best regards,

Tian

#3 2018-08-16 12:19:54

icamps

Thank you for your answer.

The problem with option 1, is that the rotating the image is easy. The problem is the numbers, text, etc.

regarding the second option, I will look for this, maybe changing the order of the points, change the final orientation.

Regards,

Camps

#4 2018-09-11 05:18:51

I_was_a_baby

icamps wrote:

Thank you for your answer.

The problem with option 1, is that the rotating the image is easy. The problem is the numbers, text, etc.

regarding the second option, I will look for this, maybe changing the order of the points, change the final orientation.

Regards,

Camps

Dear Camps:

For the reply of Tian Lu, I want to add some suggestions of mine.

The first, "Use external image editor", the PS program can be used for it. It may be easy for you. The second, if you can output the file of points of the plotting plane, the sigmaplot program can be used.

You can have a try to do it. hope you can do it well.

Regrads
wawa

Board footer