Multiwfn forum

Multiwfn official website: http://sobereva.com/multiwfn. Multiwfn forum in Chinese: http://bbs.keinsci.com/wfn

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-20 13:10:13

amin.alibakhshi@hotmail.c

Evaluate contribution of energy from a single molecule

Hi everyone,
I am wondering, is there any possibility to evaluate/approximate the total energy of a single molecule in a cluster of few molecules via Multiwfn (contribution of a single molecule into the total energy of the cluster which we calculate via QM) ? (something like calculating per atom energies via energy decomposition analysis but instead of atom, this time for a whole molecule).
thanks in advance for any help.
Best regards,
A.

#2 2020-11-20 20:36:08

sobereva
Tian Lu (Multiwfn developer)
Website

Re: Evaluate contribution of energy from a single molecule

Hello,

In principle it is possible, you simply need to sum up atomic contributions as molecule contribution.

#3 2020-11-21 11:21:58

sobereva wrote:

Hello,

In principle it is possible, you simply need to sum up atomic contributions as molecule contribution.

many thanks prof. Lu both for your answer and for your super great job
one last question, is it already implemented and can be carried in Multiwfn? If yes, I would appreciate some few hints
Best regards,
Amin

#4 2020-11-21 20:57:31

sobereva
Website

You can use basin analysis module to integrate energy density in atomic basin to derive atomic contribution to system energy, then you need to manually sum up atomic contributions to fragment contribution. You also need to revise the integration value according to virial ratio if DFT is used.

I intend to add corresponding example in Section 4.17 of Multiwfn manual, however currently I am in terrible busy. I plan to upload updated Multiwfn manual after 5~6 days, and meantime will let you know here.

#5 2020-11-29 18:06:25

sobereva
Website

I have updated Multiwfn manual and upload it to Multiwfn website, the newly added Section 4.17.9 illustrated how to derive atomic energy using basin analysis module.

#6 2020-11-30 16:50:02

thanks so much

Board footer