Multiwfn forum

Multiwfn official website: http://sobereva.com/multiwfn. Multiwfn forum in Chinese: http://bbs.keinsci.com/wfn

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-18 15:43:39

Hans

Atom colors and Cue Mode effect in VMD

When viewing the molecular structure in VMD, it shows the atoms with default colors (eg Nitrogen from blue and oxygen from red), my question is is it possible to change these default colors in VMD to other custom colors? Is it possible to do this by means of a script? (Fig. 1).

Another problem that I have when visualizing a molecule in VMD is that when applying the PERSPECTIVE effect and additionally the CUE MODE-LINEAR effect, I do not obtain this last effect in the visualization of the molecule (Fig. 2), the values that I use for this effect they are Cue Start = 1.5 and Cue End = 2.75, I tried various values but did not get the desired effect.

Fig-1.png

Fig-2.png

#2 2021-05-18 19:05:08

sobereva
Tian Lu (Multiwfn developer)
Website

Re: Atom colors and Cue Mode effect in VMD

1 You can change default color by editing [VMD folder]\scripts\vmd\colordefs.dat

2 You should choose "Display" - "Depth Cueing" to enable depth cueing effect, otherwise cue mode setting will not take effect

#3 2021-05-20 10:11:02

Louischarlc0

Hi there

I'm trying to plot the fluorescence spectra in multiwfn. The manual says that it can be plotted in exactly the same manner as UV-Vis spectra other than considering Kasha's rule. However, I'm not sure which parameters to change. Should I adjust the oscillator strength?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Louis-Charl

#4 2021-05-20 14:31:53

sobereva
Tian Lu (Multiwfn developer)
Website

Louischarlc0 wrote:

Hi there

I'm trying to plot the fluorescence spectra in multiwfn. The manual says that it can be plotted in exactly the same manner as UV-Vis spectra other than considering Kasha's rule. However, I'm not sure which parameters to change. Should I adjust the oscillator strength?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Louis-Charl

Hello,

I have updated Multiwfn manual on Multiwfn website, a new section 4.11.11 has been added, which illustrated how to use Multiwfn to plot fluorescence spectrum for BODIPY molecule. Please check it.

Best regards,

Tian

#5 2021-05-21 10:52:16

Louischarlc0

Thank you so much. I will read over it.

Regards
Louis-Charl

Board footer